As the turn of the summer season quickly approaches us, we are throwing it back to Morgan and Kelly's beautiful late summer wedding day at Quivey's Grove last August - these two just celebrated one year, so celebrate with them we shall!
Working with these two was a true pleasure. Morgan and Kelly were so thoughtful throughout the planning process and were so genuinely grateful for any and all assistance provided to them both leading up to, and on, the wedding day. When Morgan told us a bit more about her vision for the day: maids in mismatched pink/blush/champagne dresses, an ice cream truck, Chicagoland's leader in DJ entertainment, and of course, the adorable quaintness that is Quivey's Grove, we were even more delighted to be a part of their special day!
Thinking back on their beautiful wedding day, so many lovely memories stand out to us:
1) Everyone who was there was SO excited and SO happy to celebrate the marriage between Morgan and Kelly. You could seriously feel it in the air.
2) Morgan and Kelly's dog, Kevin, was in attendance, and was such a perfect gentleman the whole time. He even wore a bow tie! We obviously can't get enough of canine guests. #dogmoms
3) Throughout the entire planning process, it was decided that the first dances would take place in the dancing tent adjacent to the ceremony space, but after some quick thinking by Morgan and Kelly's photographer, Ryan, and a few speedy logistical changes, we made a split second decision to move the first dances onto the lawn as the sun was setting. It was a masterful choice - watching those two sway in the sunset was simply magical.
4) Those BRIDESMAID dresses. We cannot get over them. All of the ladies did an excellent job with their choices - it was a perfect combination of different styles.
5) The evening ended with a bang. The dance party was no joke - every single guest on the dance floor getting down with DJ Sye. We may, or may not, have also made a quick little appearance. ;)
Thank you, Morgan and Kelly, for asking us to be a part in your lovely wedding day. We had so much fun working with you two!! All the best for a beautiful future together.
Venue and Catering: Quivey's Grove | Photography: Ryan Davis Photography | Florist: Homegrown Flowers | Event Coordination: Elevate Events | Dessert: Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream | DJ: The DJ Firm | Officiant: Nancy Maloney | Rentals: A La Crate Vintage Rentals | Hair: Be Inspired Salon | Makeup: Adrienne Wheeler